Our Family Motto:

HE HANA KE ALOHA.

"LOVE IS WORK."

Friday, August 27, 2010

Chrissy's 2nd Animal Birthday Party

Chrissy in her homemade birthday bounce house, except it is more like a bounce sheet. ; P 


Dave made the zebras.  Aren't they cute?!  If chemistry doesn't work out, he can be a cupcake decorator.
(Just kidding, honey.) 
Chrissy blowing out her candle.  If I know my daughter, I think she wished that she could stick her hands in the cake.
We made lions, tigers, zebras and monkeys.  It was ferociously fun!


We were so excited to have our little girl turn two.  I remember when my nephew, Isaiah, was around this age and I loved him so much!  He was so much fun.  I know everyone keeps talking about the "terrible two's" and Chrissy definitely has her moments, but I am loving every moment of it.  She is such a crack up sometimes and surprises me by her sense of humor.  We had her birthday party a little early, but Chrissy's birthday is in July. Time flies.  I'm grateful we followed the advice to enjoy every moment with our baby as she's turned into a little girl.

Fun animal food for the little cubs: dinosaur chicken nuggets, grapes and yogurt stars! Yummy!
We had blow up animals there and each child was able to take one home from Chrissy!
(We purchased them at an UNBELIEVABLE price!)

~Animal confetti.  Fun, and yes, completely frivolous!~

We had help from her Aunty Tammy and Aunty Lela in the decorating department as well as cooking from Aunty Ama and our friend Roxzan.  Family and friends were invited to come and monkey around with us.  We played a list of fun animal tunes like "I Wanna Be Like You" from Disney's The Jungle Book, "Pink Elephants" from Dumbo, and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by the Tokens.  We had a bubble gun and bubble wands, balloons galore and fun animal finger foods for the little cubs to eat.  Finally, Dave and I created a big batch of ferocious animal cupcakes for dessert.  We found the instructions on Howdini.com.  They were so fun and easy to make!  Chrissy helped with stirring the cake batter and stealing the candy monkey eyes when she could.  She could do that, of course, because she's the birthday girl!  She had so much fun and was blessed with wonderful birthday gifts; the best of all was the love from everyone that attended - friends from church, friends of the family and, of course, Chrissy's cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and parents!  That's a lot of love.  Afterwards, we were happy we had celebrated and ready for a nap ; ) Above and below are just some of the pictures . . .
It was a real zoo when we broke out the balloons!  All the kids went wild.